PG is the name for glass in Southern Africa. Established in Cape Town in 1897 as a glass merchant, the company grew to become a significant worldwide player with interests in 17 countries.
When it unbundled in 1999, the PG Group became a private company (part of the international PGSI Group) controlled by the Lubner family, with a significant shareholding in the hands of management.
The Group's flat glass manufacturing operations produce 170, 000 tons of glass per annum. Our high-performance building glass allows architects to design safe, attractive, comfortable and energy-efficient buildings. Three automotive glass plants manufacture over 4 million pieces of laminated and toughened glass a year for customers worldwide. A distribution network of 40 sales centres reaches as far north as Uganda. Residential and commercial customers have access to expert automotive and building glass installation services through 128 fitment centres and 200 mobile units.